We believe that Oklahoma needs to aggressively develop its renewable resources to spur economic development (particularly in rural areas), improve the environment, and preserve our state's position as a net electricity exporter. Oklahoma is blessed with abundant natural gas and renewable energy and we believe these complimentary energy resources represent the future of clean domestic energy supply. Renewable energy--with no fuel costs, very low operating costs, and unlimited supply—can help stabilize long term energy prices—reducing the risk of price spikes.
Education is a core piece of Oklahoma Renewable Energy Council's mission. Providing unbiased information on renewable energy, energy efficiency and complimentary technologies is a key role in our community that OREC can fulfill. We can fulfill that role with volunteering our time with children, landowners, policy makers and to join some of the efforts that are already underway. Using the expertise collected within OREC, we have aspire to be even more involved this coming school year!
You can learn more by emailing the board at firstname.lastname@example.org or by attending one of our monthly meetings.
OREC Current Activities:
- Educate children, landowners, policy makers, energy professionals, and the general public about renewable energy through workshops and conferences.
- Stimulate locally owned renewable energy projects.
- Stimulate local companies to become more involved in renewable energy development.
2018 OREC Officers
- President - Tyson Taussig, Lighting, Inc.
- President-Elect - Buck Ray, Olsson Associates
- Secretary - Frank Reid, Professional Engineer
- Treasurer - Nina Carlson, OU Risk & Crisis Management Center
- Greg Adams - Adams Wind (2018-2020)
- Nina Carlson - OU Risk & Crisis Management Center (2018-2020)
- Ray Chambers - Central Electric Cooperative (2018- 2021)
- Marla Esser-Cloos - Green Home Coach (2018 - 2021)
- Stephanie Rainwater - SWCA Environmental Consultants (2016 - 2019)
- Buck Ray - Olsson Associates (2018-2021)
- Frank Reid - Professional Engineer (2018-2021)
- Tyson Taussig - Lighting, Inc. (2016 - 2019)